Sunday 15 March 2009

The Origin of The Species

How does a guy without a full Bike licence, and who has never ridden a scooter, end up with these two old birds? Simple - I set out to buy a kettle on ebay - admittedly the Kettle had two wheels, it was a Suzuki GT750cc. In the process of looking for a kettle to restore I came across the Durkopp (I think it was £136) and I just decided it was different and I wanted to get it. So there you are, that is how it began. I stripped her down and began to collect spares and manuals, the other thing I was unknowingly collecting was enthusiasm; Hence the Heinkel Tourist. The Heinkel seemed too good an opportunity to miss (about £400). Because there was so many parts with it I decided to buy it and put it away untouched until I have time to enjoy it. Time is a problem just now because I work and I often do overtime, plus I have about eighteen months of my English Literature degree left to do (OU). Anyway I have made a start and the scoots are dry in a tarp covered greenhouse that is going to make way for a scoot workshop. Today's job is to sort my shed out properly because at the moment it's a bloody mess and I can't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment