Thursday 26 March 2009

Pray For My Holy Side Panels

Not an exciting image but informative. This is a side panel held up to the light. You can see rust perforations and metal loss in the centre where the hole for the retainer has been enlarged. I know I have to media blast the panels but I have not yet decided how to repair the damage. This weekend I am going to find the answer and I am going to give myself two weeks to attempt to clean, repair, and etch prime a side panel. I am hoping to be able to weld it rather than fill - but it has been many years since I did any welding. Anyway this is where I have decided to begin my work.

1 comment:

  1. Okay Dave. You've been a bit quiet lately so here is some pictures from a Durkopp scooter rally in Germany to inspire you -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seat850/sets/72157606234542843/
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete